Thursday, July 28, 2005

ABC party

The ABC bash last night at the Abbey in West Hollywood was a swarm of TV writers and celebrities.

As soon as I walked in, I practically crashed into Patrick Dempsey (aka Dr. McDreamy) from "Grey's Anatomy." After sitting down with three other journalists for dinner, I wandered the room and passed by Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman and Marcia Cross of "Desperate Housewives," plus newest "Housewive" Alfre Woodard; William Shatner of "Boston Legal," Jorge Garcia of "Lost," and from the new shows: Kyle Secor of "Commander in Chief" (and of one my faves of all time, "Homicide"), William Fichtner of "Invasion" and the beautiful Heather Graham of mid-season entry "Emily's Reasons Why Not." I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

These network-sponsored parties give out-of-town journalists -- and those in town too if they choose -- an opportunity to interview the stars of these shows in an informal manner, just shooting the breeze.

The problem is that the party gets so loud, it's almost impossible to hear anyone. But that's a minor quibble. It's a fun night out of celebrity oogling.

No comments: