Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The lone wolf

Priscilla and Zoe were back east for the Memorial Day weekend, so I bachelored up and did all the guy things that would barely past muster if the girls were around.

Friday night was spent at Hollywood Park with my friend Jay, who's a writer with the Daily Racing Form. You would think he'd be able to select some winners but no. Nice expert, eh?

Saturday night was poker and, after all was said and done, I pocketed a hefty $8. Got to know when to hold and fold em, my friends.

Sunday and Monday was spent catching up on Tivo, riding my bike to the beach, going to the gym and, some might say in a shocking development, cleaning up around the house and doing laundry.

After nearly 15 years of marriage -- our anniversary is this week -- I'm well trained.

No comments: